As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
1. Seed-Balls.com #ad
Spotted Joe Pye Weed Seed Bombs, Bulk Seed Balls for Fall Planting Eutrochium maculatum 50 #adSeed-Balls.com #ad
- 3 kinds of compost for seedling vigor. Requires fall -Midwinter planting and Moist soil year-round. Tall and striking US Native Wildflower. Supports bees, butterflies, and other pollinators. Soil matrix engineered by a soil scientist.
2. Everwilde Farms #ad
Everwilde Farms, Gold Vault Jumbo Seed Packet, 2000 Joe Pye Weed Native Wildflower Seeds #adEverwilde Farms #ad
- First quality native wildflower Seeds – Current Lab Test Data Shown on Packet. Bulk seed is excellent for immediate Planting or for Long Term Storage as an Emergency Seed Vault. Detailed planting instructions on Back – Online Info also available via QR Code.
Resealable/reusable zipper Bag – Perfect for Storing Excess Seeds. Exclusive gold vault packaging – provides 3X Longer Storage than Paper or Plastic with Triple Layer Mylar Gold Foil.
3. Zellajake Farm and Garden #ad
Or 1/10 Gram, Sweet Joe Pye Weed for Growing Hummingbird and Butterfly Attracting Pink Wildflower FR7 120+ Seeds #adZellajake Farm and Garden #ad
- Sweet joe pye weed, a butterfly favorite! || FREE SHIPPING || NON GMO. Seeds can be planted about 1/8 inch deep in pots. Colour: pink/red blooms: mid to late summer light: full Sun to Part Shade Height: 3' - 6' Soil: Sand to Clay Water: Medium to Moist.
Eupatorium purpureum is an excellent plant for the garden! These seeds can be fall or spring planted. Sweet joe pye weed is easily grown from seed, its numerous tiny, dome-shaped umbels that act like magnets for Monarchs, pinkish/purple flowers are grouped into huge, vanilla scented, Swallowtails and many other butterflies! Its textured leaves are attractive all season long.
Keep moist but not soggy and very warm 21 C - 70 F. Cold, moist stratification can help increase germination success, but isn't a must. When seedlings are 2 inches tall, transplant into the garden spaced 1 foot apart. These tiny seeds grow into large 4-7 foot, beautiful plants.
4. Zellajake Farm and Garden #ad
Eupatorium maculatum Purple Flower Butterfly Magnet, F9, or 1/4 Gram, Spotted Joe Pye Weed Seeds, 350 Seeds #adZellajake Farm and Garden #ad
- The ovate egg-shaped leaves have conspicuous veins, and usually appear in whorls of 4 or 5. Establishment seed propagation seeds ripen about a month after flowering and should be collected when the heads dry, dry the seed heads for 1 - 2 weeks in open paper bags. The florets produce wind-dispersed small dry seed with hair-like bristles.
Distribution: spotted joe-pye weed prefers moist conditions and populates a variety of wetland habitats from Nova Scotia south to the mountains of North Carolina and fromNebraska to British Columbia USDA cold hardiness zones 2-9.
If seeds are sown directly, split and the fluffy seed begins to float away. For container production, a cold-moist pretreatment at 40 degrees Fahrenheit for 3 weeks to 3 months will increase germ%. If collected earlier, sow in the fall and sow thickly as germination rates are typically low.
The central stem is hairy and purple or purple-spotted, as are the flowering stalks. Fragrant purple flowers, appear in mid- to late summer July-September. Plants are mostly unbranched, in flat-topped clusters of 9 or more florets per head, except for flower-bearing stalks near the apex of the plant. The fibrous root system sometimes produces rhizomes horizontal stem with shoots above and roots below, grow up to 8 inches long and 2. 5 inches across, which create colonies.
5. Seed-Balls.com #ad
Ironweed Seed Bombs, Bulk Seed Balls for Fall Planting Vernonia fasciculata 20 #adSeed-Balls.com #ad
- Tall and striking US Native Wildflower. Supports bees, butterflies, and other pollinators. Soil matrix engineered by a soil scientist. 3 kinds of compost for seedling vigor. Requires Fall -Midwinter planting.
6. Seed Needs #ad
Seed Needs, Butterfly Milkweed Seeds For Planting Asclepias tuberosa Twin Pack of 100 Seeds Each #adSeed Needs #ad
- All milkweed seeds sold by seed needs are non-gmo based seed products and are intended for the current, and the following growing season. All seeds are produced from open pollinated plants, stored in a temperature controlled facility and constantly moved out due to popularity.
Butterfly milkweed is categorized as a perennial flowering plant and will return yearly. This packet measures 3.
25" wide by 4. 50" tall and come with a full colored illustration on the front side, as well as detailed sowing instructions on the reverse. Quality milkweed seeds packaged by seed needs. Butterfly milkweed will grow to a mature height of roughly 18 to 30 inches tall. Milkweed will attract all sorts of butterflies, including the beloved but near endangered Monarch butterflies.